Fortezza fortress & BBT-Infopoint
Where new meets old fashioned
The Fortezza fortress is the largest historical complex in Südtirol. Opened in 1838 as a masterpiece of war architecture and defense art, the fortress served mainly as a depot. The mighty structure, the massive walls and impressive façades showed an effect despite the lack of an enemy. Around the fortress were formed legends and exciting stories, like those of the lost gold treasures of Mussolini. During time the fort encountered the innovations of industrialization: two train lines, a main road and a highway beat their shafts through the fortress. Today, the walls are home to the BBT Infopoint, which also provides information on the construction of the Brennero base tunnel.